A DID can be created through the Serto Agent user interface and published to be visible on Serto Search
Creating your first DID through the user interface
- Login to your Serto Agent instance
- Tap the 'Let's Go' button
- Enter your Organization's domain
- Select the DID method you would like to use.
- Tap the 'Create Decentralized Identifier' button
Congratulations!! Your first DID has been created successfully.
Now issue your organization profile VC
- Tap the 'Issue Your Organization Profile VC' button
- Enter your Organization Name
- Describe your Oganization
- Enter your Logo URL
- Tap Issue & Save Your Organization profile VC has now been issued and saved
Finally generate your DID config and upload it
- Tap the 'Generate your DID Config' button
- Follow the steps to Generate and download the DID Config File
- Upload the file to the .well-known path of your website. See this guide.
- Tap the 'Refresh Status' button Congratulations!! Your first DID config has been published to Serto Search.
Make sure to upload the file to the .well-known path of your website. The resulting URL should look like: http://www.yourwebsite.com/.well-known/did-configuration.json The sync status will not update to published until this is done.
We currently support the following DID methods. (did:web, did:ethr:rinkeby, did:ethr, did:key) When creating your DID you have an option to add an alias. It can be as simple as a nickname or can contain more contextual information such as a mapping to an external ID. Alias is not available for the did:web method